Folks, I write this as a warning to anyone thinking of visiting Ethiopia. Everything you have ever read or heard about Ethiopia is exactly as it is when you get there. Everything your parents or the media told you about the country is correct. You should absolutely NOT travel there but IF you do, here is what you’ll find.
WARNING…THE FOLLOWING IMAGES ARE A BRUTALLY HONEST ACCOUNT OF REAL LIFE IN ETHIOPIA.
Why you should never visit Ethiopia
1) Ethiopia is just desert!
2) Because there is a famine and consequently no food.
3) The people are dangerous, you can NEVER trust them
4) Because everything is just dry and dusty with no real colour
5) Besides being the birthplace of civilisation, there is absolutely no culture or history
6) Because there is no wildlife to see
7) Ethiopian people are lazy and sit around all day because of the heat
8) Public buses are a nightmare and there is no other way to get around
9) The beer tastes like it’s been brewed in a bathtub
10) The views are all so similar and very boring
11) It’s not safe at all
12) There are absolutely no trees because they have all been cut down by the locals
13) The coffee tastes like it’s been strained through an old sock
14) Ethiopia is just another muslim country
15) There is NOTHING interesting to see in Ethiopia…fact!
I’ll leave you with a video summary of my trip in Ethiopia, please like and share.
If you fancy reading any more of my Ethiopia posts, click on the links below:
– Ultimate Guide to Travelling in Northern Ethiopia
– The Danakil Depression – One of the hottest, driest and lowest places on earth
– Simien Mountains National Park – The Roof of Africa
– How to spend 24 hours in Bahia Dar
– How to spend 24 hours in Addis Ababa
– Ethiopian Coffee Ceremony – teaching Starbucks how to make a real cup of coffee